The Designated Area Representative (DAR) is responsible for the management and broad oversight of the DAMA program. This includes:
- Endorsement of employers seeking to access a Labour Agreement and thereby employ an Overseas Worker
- Monitoring activities, including labour market patterns in the GSC region
- Provide guidance on the application process and the steps required to apply for a GSC DAMA Labour Agreement. Our role is to also endorse your business to the Department Of Home Affairs.
- Reporting to the Government on the program
- Providing regular evaluation reports to the Government.
The Warrnambool City Council is fulfilling the role of the DAR for the GSC DAMA.